EU-LAC Joint Call 2022
The EU-LAC Interest Group (IG), which consists of a group of funding agencies from LAC, EU Member States and Associated Countries, launched the 4th Joint Call on the 24th of January 2022 with the deadline of 28th of April 2022 at 5 PM CEST.
NEW! Info Session on the Joint Call
Date: Thursday 17th February 2022, 4 pm – 5 pm CET
- Rules for participation
- Evaluation criteria
- ENRICH in LAC matchmaking platform
- Online submission tool (PT-outline)
No registration required.
EULACIG (3852244 from phones)
Join by phone:
+49-619-6781-9736 Germany Toll
+49-89-95467578 Germany Toll 2
Access code: 274 486 19199
Call documents are available at:
With this Joint Call, interested project consortia composed of partners from the countries listed below will be invited to submit project proposals.
The participating funding organizations*(see the list below) will provide funds and assistance of national and/or regional call contact points to support national beneficiaries in collaborative projects. The projects will be selected jointly.
Topics in the 4th Multi-Thematic Joint Call 2022
Transnational consortia are invited to submit proposals related to the following 6 topics in the thematic fields of Global Challenges, Health, Biodiversity, and Energy:
1. GLOBAL CHALLENGES
1.1 Global Challenges I - Interactions and integration between the climate science, Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) and other communities.
Participating funding agencies from: Austria, Bolivia, Brazil (CONFAP), Dominican Republic, Germany, Panama, Poland, Spain (AEI), Turkey, Uruguay.
1.2 Global Challenges II - Cross-cutting digital research infrastructure
Participating funding agencies from: Austria, Bolivia, Brazil (CNPq, CONFAP), Dominican Republic, Germany, Panama, Spain (AEI), Turkey.
2.1 Health I - Personalised Medicine
Participating funding agencies from: Austria, Bolivia, Brazil (CNPq, CONFAP), Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Panama, Poland, Spain (AEI and ISCIII), Turkey.
2.2 Health II - EU-LAC Regional Hubs: Integrating research infrastructures for Health and Disease
Participating funding agencies from: Austria, Bolivia, Brazil (CONFAP), Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Spain (AEI), Turkey, Uruguay.
3.1 Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Research Infrastructures
Participating funding agencies from: Austria, Bolivia, Brazil (CNPq, CONFAP), Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Panama, Peru, Spain (AEI), Turkey.
4.1 Interoperability of energy data spaces for an optimized exploitation by producers and prosumers / Research Infrastructures
Participating funding agencies from :Austria, Bolivia, Brazil (CONFAP), Dominican Republic, Germany, Panama, Spain (AEI), Turkey
Useful Info and Links
➢ Pre-Announcement of 4th EU-LAC Joint Call 2022
➢ The duration of a project may not exceed 36 months.
➢ Call documents are available as of 24th January 2022 at
➢ The Call will be open from 24th January to 28th April 2022.
➢ Proposals must be submitted online in English, via an Electronic Submission System accessible at https://ptoutline.eu/app/eu-lac-2022
How to publish your interest in these call topics via this platform?
If you are already a member of this platform and interested in collaboration under these topics, you are kindly invited to update your profiles as indicated below:
1) Indicate which of the 6 topics you are interested in
Thus, other organisation can identify you.
Please select those topics you are interested in
2) Publish your Partner search related to these call topics via the Marketplace
Add a "EU-LAC Joint Call 2022" Partner Search Project
If you are new to this platform (and not registered yet), you will be able to make the selection during the registration process.
* Funding Organisations that have indicated their commitment in participating in the 4 th EU-LAC Multi-Thematic Joint Call 2022
The following programme owners confirmed their participation in the Group of Funding Parties (GPF) and their readiness to pledge financial contributions for funding the proposals selected through the Joint Call:
1. Austria: Bundesministerium für Bildung, Wissenschaft und Forschung BMBWF
2. Bolivia: Ministerio de Educación - Vice Ministerio de Ciencia y Tecnología, MINEDU
3. Brazil: Conselho Nacional de Desenvolvimento Cientifico e Tecnológico, CNPq
4. Brazil: Conselho Nacional das Fundações Estaduais de Amparo à Pesquisa, CONFAP
5. Dominican Republic: Ministerio de Educación Superior, Ciencia y Tecnología, MESCyT
6. Germany: Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, BMBF
7. Italy: Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, CNR
8. Panama: Secretaria Nacional de Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación, SENACYT
9. Peru: Consejo Nacional de Ciencia Tecnología e Innovación Tecnológica, CONCYTEC
10. Poland: Narodowe Centrum Badań i Rozwoju, NCBR
11. Portugal: Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, FCT
12. Spain: Instituto de Salud Carlos III, ISCIII
13. Spain: Agencia Estatal de Investigación, AEI
14. Turkey: Turkiye Bilimsel vê Teknolojik Arastirma Kurumu, TUBITAK
15. Uruguay: Agencia Nacional de Investigación e Innovación, ANII